What seeds? Chia seeds! So chia seeds are these tiny black seeds that grow natively in South America. It’s name origins are Mayan, signifying “strength.” They’re super healthy for you (think Omega-3, protein, and antioxidants) and incredibly versatile too when used in cooking. I usually add them by the spoonful to my oatmeal and smoothies. Bottom line is, they’re packed with fiber and have the ability to absorb 10-12 times their weight in water, which means that you get filled up faster with less food.
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
– 1 cup vanilla soy milk
– 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
– 2 tablespoon maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1) In a bowl or mason jar, whisk the milk, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract until blended.
2) Add in the chia seeds and whisk until mixed.
3) Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4) Serve the next day with any fresh fruit or topping that you have!
* I have a layer of diced strawberries & bananas.