What I love about pasta (besides the fact that it’s carbs and therefore, almost by default, DELICIOUS) is that you can really put anything you want in it. Especially when you make it at home. Like go crazy. For this recipe here, I included chicken, onions, tomatoes, and scrambled eggs!
Ingredients: (Yields 1 serving)
– 1 cup uncooked vegetable radiatore pasta
– 1/3 cup chicken breast, cut
– 1 egg
– 1/4 onion, sliced
– 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
– olive oil
– 1/8 cup butter
– 1/4 cup heavy cream
– 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
– salt & pepper
1) In a pot of boiling water, cook the pasta for 10 minutes or until desired texture.
2) While the pasta is cooking, lightly coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and make scrambled eggs. Once done, set the eggs aside.
3) In the same skillet (now empty b/c the eggs are taken out) add just a little bit more olive oil, if needed, and cook the chicken for about 3 minutes – frequently stirring.
4) Add the onions & tomatoes to the chicken and continue to saute for about another minute.
5) Then add in the butter, cream, and cheese. Mix thoroughly until the butter melts, then salt & pepper to taste.
6) By now, the pasta should be cooked. Drain well and toss into the skillet.
7) Mix everything together and serve!
I topped mine with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and cayenne pepper for a little bit of spice.