Last night, I felt lazy and wanted to make a quick but filling dinner. And what is quicker/more filling than instant ramen? To fancy the dish up a bit, I decided to top it off with a few slices of pork belly, a soft-boiled egg, halved grape tomatoes, corn, seaweed, and finely sliced onion strips. Yummy!
My recipe for last night is as follows, but the dish is so versatile that you can add in any ingredients you would like and in any quantity!
Ingredients: (Yields 1 serving)
– 1 pack of instant ramen, any flavor that’s your favorite
– pork belly
– 1 egg
– 1/3 cup of grape tomatoes
– 1/4 cup of corn
1) Slice 3 pieces of pork belly and place them on a skillet on medium heat, cooking both sides for 1-2 minutes each until the sides are crispy.
2) To make the perfect soft-boiled eggs: Submerge the eggs in a pot with about an inch of cold water above the egg. Set the pot on the stove on high heat. When the water comes to a roiling boil, turn off the heat and allow to sit for 3 minutes for the egg to continue cooking for a soft interior. If you prefer hard-boiled eggs, let the egg sit for longer. After the time is up, take out the egg and peel it under cold, running water. Carefully slice the egg in half, without applying too much pressure and set aside.
3) Slice the grape tomatoes in half.
4) Cook about 1/4 cup of sweet corn.
5) Prepare the instant ramen according to the instructions on the package.
6) Top with the above prepared ingredients along with seaweed and enjoy!