On the days when you wake up too late for breakfast and it’s almost lunch time, but you still kind of want your breakfast – omelettes are the way to go! Working with the ingredients I have in the fridge, here is a super simple but delicious tomato, onion & cheese omelette:
Ingredients: (Yields 1 serving)
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 tomato, diced
– 1/4 onion, diced
– shredded cheese
– coconut oil spray
– salt & pepper
1) Spray a small skillet with the coconut oil and scramble just the tomato and onion on medium high heat until the onion is translucent. When this happens, turn off the heat and set this skillet to the side.
2) Grab a medium skillet and spray with coconut oil before pouring in the blended egg mixture on medium high heat. As the egg begins to cook, lift up the sides to allow the liquid to run under and cook as well.
3) After about a minute or when the egg is partially cooked through, scoop your tomato and onions onto just one half of the skillet with the eggs.
4) Sprinkle on as much cheese as you desire and fold the other half of the eggs over the filling to form your omelette!
5) After about 45 seconds, flip the omelette to cook the other side for another 45 seconds.
6) Top with a sprinkle of salt & pepper and enjoy!