The slow cooker is the perfect appliance for making low-effort weeknight dinners, and when I say low-effort, I really mean low effort! This recipe will not be asking you to make the curry from scratch – instead, we will be using the S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix. The end result is pretty tasty from day 1, but is even yummier on day 2!
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 pack (6 servings) S&B golden curry sauce mix in desired heat (I used Medium Hot)
- 1 cup water
- Sear the beef stew meat chunks on all sides in a skillet on medium high heat until brown. When all sides are browning, transfer to the slow cooker and add in the S&B golden curry sauce mix on top of the beef. It’s okay that the curry mix is still in the shape of 4 cubes. The heat from the slow cooker will help break them down and we will be mixing the curry halfway through cooking.
- Peel & wash the potatoes and rough chop them into chunks that are about the same size as the beef stew meat. Then add potatoes to the slow cooker on top of the beef stew chunks.
- Roughly peel & dice an onion and add that to the slow cooker on top of the potatoes.
- Add in 1 cup of water to the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on 10 hours low.
- Halfway through the cooking (5 hours in), grab a large spoon and give everything in the slow cooker a good mix. The curry sauce mix should now be dissolved and easy to spread around to cover every bit of food. After thoroughly mixing, close the lid and let the slow cooker continue to cook until done.
- Serve the curry over rice and enjoy!