Roasting in the oven is one of my favorite ways of cooking brussel sprouts! The prep time is only a matter of minutes and the end result is an oh-so-satisfying nutty and crunchy bite. My advice to you on this dish is SEASON AGGRESSIVELY. Salt makes all the difference.
- brussel sprouts
- olive oil, enough to dress the brussel sprouts
- freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the tough ends off the brussel sprouts and remove any undesirable wilted leaves before halving each sprout.
- Place the brussel sprouts in a large enough zip lock bag and add in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Shake up the bag until each brussel sprout is sufficiently dressed.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast in the oven, shaking the pan occasionally, until browned and tender, about 40 minutes.
- Plate and grate some Parmesan cheese over the brussel sprouts!