Working with the ingredients I had available in the fridge, I made a quick & easy one-wok dinner for tonight!
Ingredients:(Yields 4 servings)
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (or meat of choice)
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Peel and finely slice the onion into thin strips.
- Spiralize the zucchini to get strands of noodles, snipping the strands every foot or so.
- Heat up the wok with about 4 tablespoons of olive oil and add in the ground turkey. Continuously stir and break apart the turkey until the coloring begins to turn white. At this point, add salt & pepper to taste and continue to stir for another 2 minutes on high heat.
- Add in the sliced onion strips and mix them well in the wok with the turkey for about a minute.
- Now add in the zucchini noodles and the 3 tablespoons of basil pesto. Toss everything together in the wok until each of the strands is coated with pesto. Turn off the heat and plate, topping the meal with Parmesan cheese!